Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bin Laden the Comic Book

The Washington Post reports that Captain (Ret.) Dale Dye has written a comic book version of the Abbottabad raid that killed Osama bin Laden, titled "Code Name: Geronimo."

In case Dye's name isn't familiar, he is a bad ass.  Name a great modern war movie (i.e. "Platoon," "Saving Private Ryan") and there's a good chance he was the military consultant for it.

Am I worried about the competition for my book?  No, because Dye's comic only can whet the appetite for more stories about manhunts/raids such as the one that killed bin Laden, and my book contains nearly a dozen such missions.  Second, he is specifically aiming for a younger audience, and I've already retold all the strategic manhunts in my book as children's stories to my five-year-old, and trust me, it is tough to sanitize them appropriately.  Finally, I would never put myself up against Dye -- even at 66 years old, I'm pretty sure he could probably still kick my a**.

No comments:

Post a Comment