Thursday, January 19, 2012

The Return of History

As noted earlier, somehow over the holidays I managed to misplace the thumb drive with the historical accounts from which I'd been drawing my "Today in Manhunting History" stories.  That accident, and the combination of post-holiday malaise and "Holy @#%$, how did all this get in my inbox over the holidays!" let me to temporarily suspend this feature.

However, one of my January 15th resolutions (I've already given up on the ones made January 1st) was to restart this, as there are simply too many good stories from previous Januaries to be told.  Today, I've added the accounts of the Battle of Las Cruces (January 1, 1928) during the hunt for Augusto Sandino and the surrender of Manuel Noriega (January 3, 1990).

Over the next week I'll add more historical accounts over the next few days, posting them on the appropriate anniversary, and periodically post updates with links on the top of the blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment