Tuesday, May 10, 2011

On a Lighter Note . . .

No, Star Trek's Maquis were not involved in the Abbottabad raid that killed bin Laden, regardless of what a German TV network says.  (Okay, truth be told, I have no idea who the Maquis were -- I never got into the Star Trek sequel series, but I know some readers are SF geeks and will get a kick out of this).

Also, a lot of people have commented to me about the fortuitous timing of my book given the killing of bin Laden.  Apparently, my luck is dwarfed by Pamela White's, whose romance novel about Navy SEALs was previously scheduled to come out just a few days after bin Laden was killed.

Wait, there's a whole series of romance novels about Navy SEALs?!?  I know what my next book will be!!!  (CPT Dunkle didn't mean to fall in love with Saddam Hussein's niece, but he still had a mission to complete . . .)

No comments:

Post a Comment